I was so excited to read this post from The Roasted Root the other day for her Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites. Not only is the recipe top notch, but the post words were so refreshing! Talk about needing energy bites…this year has been nuts. We all […]
Tag: Tone it up
It’s no secret that I love my Tone It Up team. From amazing workouts and delicious recipes to moral support and a loving community, it wouldn’t be a shock to say they’re part of my everyday. I don’t always follow the exact nutrition plans, but I try to make some of their recipes each week!
This summer, they gave a new take on an old favorite – the protein bar! Adding coconut and cinnamon to this old favorite gave way to the TIU Bikini Bars and I’m in love 🙂 I added some blueberries to mine because summer blueberries are THE BEST! They’re great to add on to breakfast, have for a quick snack or whatever!
Check out the recipe for yourself and make some tasty treats!
- 1 C gluten-free oats
- 1/2 C (coconut or vanilla) Tone It Up Protein
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 chia egg (1 T chia seeds mixed with 3 T warm water)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients (including the mashed banana) in a separate bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil spray and add the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Slice into individual servings and store in the fridge for up to four days.
As you probably know, I’ve been a Tone It Up girl for a while. Ok, a LONG, long time. It’s been a crazy, amazing journey over these four years…I’ve gotten to know Katrina and Karena, expanded my “family” to include thousands and thousands of women who have joined the TIU […]
When do you have time to make a healthy, well balanced breakfast? If you’re like me, you laughed at that question and quickly answered “basically never.”
In the morning, I’m typically always on the go. Whether it’s to/from the gym, taking the dog for a run, meeting media or rushing out the door to work, there isn’t a ton of time. I can rarely whip up some fresh, tasty protein pancakes or even a quick egg white omelet. I’m always trying to pre-make breakfasts that last over time, so I can grab them on the go.
Through my TIU Love Your Body challenge, I’ve been trying to to work on organizing ahead of time. Planning (meal prep especially), helps me focus my energy on other things in the moment – workouts, work, etc. It’s also more affordable! And often healthier! There’s always a temptation to go out and with that come pricey, unhealthy options.
I love that the TIU team has posted the idea of this CRAZY EASY recipe for a delicious, lasting, pre-makable breakfast…mini egg white frittatas!
WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE?! They are a serious no-brainer. You can add your own favorite frittata ingredients, but check out my basic recipe below:
- 3-4 C egg whites
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/2 C mushrooms (chopped)
- non-stick spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cupcake pan with your non-stick spray, making sure to get inside the full cups.
- Add your chopped ingredients to each cup. Remember, you can make them however you want – so be creative and make each one different!
- Pour in egg whites and fill each cup (leaving approx. 1/8″ space to the top of the pan).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pan and let cool for 5 minutes.
If you want to make the breakfast even more exciting (who doesn’t?), you can add some turkey bacon and/or avocado to your frittata! To add turkey bacon, place one strip into the pan cup first, then all the other ingredients. Top with fresh chopped avocado for healthy fats!
These will be my new favorite prepped breakfast meals, but I’d love to stock up other options! What are your favorites?