Hold on tight, I’m about to give you the best stuffing recipe you’ll ever find (You’re welcome).
Someone made this for a friends-giving about 4 years ago and I’ve been making it evers since and it’s always been a big hit! Now, two days post-Thanksgiving, it’s still going strong. I’ve discovered it’s not just for the table with turkey…it is nothing less than the “little black dress” of the holiday 🙂
It’s great on the table, but it’s also a delicious side with eggs for breakfast (come on…sausage, cornbread, eggs…it’s perfect!), on an open face turkey sandwich for lunch, etc. I’d eat it for days if I had made more! Hope you enjoy!
Sausage & Cornbread Stuffing
- 1-2 lbs sausage (if you can get it loose from a local butcher, that’s best!)
- 1 C carrots (chopped)
- 1 C celery (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh sage (chopped)
- 4-5 corn muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 C chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage in skillet and break up into small pieces.
- Drain excess oil from sausage with a paper towel.
- In a separate pan, cook carrots, onion and celery, seasoning with salt, pepper and sage until carrots are medium soft.
- In a large bowl, crumble muffins.
- Add sausage and vegetable mix to bowl then mix in eggs and stock.
- Place mixture to baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned.
- Enjoy! (over and over!)
So this is (one of) my favorite Thanksgiving dishes! What are yours?