[Recipe] Orange Maple Salmon
Now that it’s been a little over a week since the wedding, we’re starting to get back to our normal routines. One of the things we’re trying to get back to doing is making food at home. It’s SO easy to just go out or order in…not only does that get expensive, but excessive! I feel like I just keep eating when we’re out…so many things I want to try! 🙂
Anyway, getting back to cooking at home is easier when you have food to cook. We’ve been running around with the wedding, then our mini moon to Cape May then work…there’s really no time to head to the store. Luckily, we have Blue Apron!
This week, they sent a recipe for Maple & Ginger Glazed Salmon with Watercress, Orange, Parsnip Salad and it was SO delicious! I think the salmon is great for any day – so I wanted to share!
Orange Maple Salmon
- 3 scallions (chopped, separate green and white)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 1″ piece of ginger (chopped)
- 1 orange (zested approx 2 t, chopped pieces)
- 1 T sunflower seeds
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 T olive oil
- Blot the salmon filets with a paper towel, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop scallions, garlic and ginger. Separate white and green pieces of scallions.
- Zest orange, then peel the orange. Discard the rind and cut the segments into bite sized pieces.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat to medium.
- Place salmon in pan and cover with orange zest. Cook through, approximately 3-5 minutes each side.
- Remove salmon from pan, and add remaining olive oil.
- Add scallions, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add syrup, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook until the mixture thickens, approximately 1 minute.
- Add salmon filets back into mix and spoon liquid on fish.
- Serve with salad or side veggies.