[Recipe] Easy Slow Cooker Soup
I can’t begin to explain how exciting it was to come back home after a long day at work and an evening at the gym to a warm dinner…because this morning I made prepared the easiest meal ever: the Tone It Up Warming Slimdown Soup!
It has all kinds of great, healthy ingredients: carrots, parsnips, scallions, etc. and delicious rosemary and thyme herbs to make it so amazingly perfect for a cold night! It warms your insides. If you want to add turkey or chicken, you can – but it’s also delicious just as a vegetable soup! Personally, I like broth-heavy soups, so I added more liquids.
You throw everything in the slow cooker and boom, dinner is warm and ready when you get home! WHY don’t we use our slow cooker more?! I had to share!
- 2 parsnips (peeled & thinly sliced)
- 1 C carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1½ C portabello mushrooms (chopped)
- ⅔ C scallions (chopped)
- 3-4 C low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 C water
- 1 T fresh thyme (stems removed)
- 1 T fresh rosemary (stems removed)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t hot sauce
- 1 C white chicken/turkey meat (cooked and shredded) - optional
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Set on high for 6 hours.