[Recipe] Brussel Sprout Apple Salad
If you know me well, you know I have a problem with lunch. I typically can’t find anything I really want that’s actually healthy.
Fortunately, I’ve found some ways around my issues (if/when I prep!)…
Brussel sprouts are one of the yummy, healthy items that get me! I’ve made lots of salads with these tasty green spuds including the one below – Check it out and enjoy!
Kate’s Brussel Sprout Apple Salad
- 1/2 C brussel sprouts (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 apple (chopped)
- 1-2 mini sweet peppers (chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 C currants
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2-1 full lemon (juice used for dressing!)
- Wash and de-stem/seed all of the vegetables and apple.
- Mix ingredients & toss with dressing. Add salt and pepper for taste
SO easy, right? Brussel sprouts are one of those things I can dress up in a salad or roast in the oven or whatever and I love them! They are low-calorie but dense veggies. And with this recipe, there’s no cooking! Plus, apples are rich in minerals, antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber!
I’m always looking for inspiration! What are your favorite lunch dishes?