[Recipe] Bison Quinoa Pasta
I love it when a plan comes together. And/or when all the things in my pantry make a edible dinner. haha
Tonight’s dinner was bison with veggies and quinoa pasta – perfect, quick lean protein and gluten free dish to fill our tummies on a cooler fall night.
- 2 C quinoa pasta
- 1 package ground bison
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 T Old Bay seasoning
- Warm a medium sized pan on medium. Heat a medium sized pot with 3 C of water on high until boiling.
- In the pan, add the bison, onion and old bay. Cook until bison is brown throughout.
- Line a bowl with paper towels and pour the bison mix in the bowl. Blot off any excess liquid.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and cook on medium for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add the bison mix to the tomatoes and mix together.
- When the water in the pot is boiling, add the quinoa pasta and cook until soft.
- Drain pasta and season with S&P, and Old Bay if you like!
- Add pasta to your personal bowl, then the bison mix & enjoy!