[Recipe] Chipotle Turkey Chili
One of the best dishes my mom made at home was chili. YUM! She was always nice enough to make a separate pot for me with no beans (bless that sweet woman who accommodated us three kids). Anyway, needless to say, I’ve been a non-bean chili lover for a long time.
Anyway, since leaving home, living on ramen noodles & saltines for four years, then eventually finding my way around the kitchen as an adult, I’ve perfected my own recipe and thought I’d share the love!
Kate’s Chipotle Turkey Chili
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1-2 onions (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 (16oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2T chili powder
- 2T chipotle chili powder
- 1t red pepper flakes
- In a large pan OR rimmed electric skillet on medium heat, cook turkey, onions, pepper and garlic. Stir frequently.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid), chili powders, pepper and S/P.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for approx 1 hour (may have to add water if it gets too dry)
Serve topped with a dollop of non-fat sour cream and 1T cheddar cheese if you like! 🙂